At the Utah Wellness Institute, we have been treating men and women with moderate to severe health problems since 1994.
- In our program you work with our team for one year. Chronic health problems do not develop over a period of weeks or months, and they do not disappear in weeks or months.
- After you fill out a health history and questionnaire, you meet with one of our doctors for a detailed consultation.
- You visit a local lab for blood tests which are correlated with your symptom picture.
- As soon as we receive the results of the testing you are scheduled for your Report of Findings consultation; results are reviewed explained in detail. A complete plan is developed to address each of your health issues, and your next appointment is scheduled.
At each visit doses will be changed and dietary, exercise, and supplementation regimens will be discussed and implemented to further fine tune your individualized program. Our goal is to get you better faster, and to institute lifestyle changes that will enhance your overall progress for the rest of your life.
We use various alternative protocols specific to your needs. Tests are run and our programs are designed to treat the following areas:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Hypo- and hyper- conditions including autoimmune problems
- Adrenal fatigue
- Dysbiosis and gastrointestinal problems
- Overweight conditions
- Brain-based therapies to regulate depression, anxiety, and OCD
Bioidentical hormones are prescribed when needed. Natural thyroid medications are used for thyroid conditions. When weight loss is desired, we use injectable human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), but only after all the other hormones are balanced; otherwise the weight loss may not be permanent.
We do not use any pharmaceutical drugs in our practice and, where possible, seek to help you to discontinue using pharmaceutical drugs, in conjunction with your prescribing physician, so you can progress with a healthier lifestyle free from the side effects of the previous medications.
Results and Outcomes
We have an extremely high success rate among women and men of all ages and walks of life. Clients who follow our program experience increased energy, greater mental vitality, and brighter emotional and physical well being. We monitor your progress throughout the year and thereafter.
Our intent is to balance your hormones and your complete body chemistry to restore proper function. Some clients will remain on the hormones and minor supplementation for many years, while others may taper off the hormones over a year or two. This depends upon several factors, primarily, their state of health when they arrive at our clinic.
Almost all insurance providers cover the cost of lab / blood work. The local lab we refer you to bills the insurance company for you. Around 80% of insurance providers pay for some or all of the bioidentical hormones from the pharmacy; payment depends on your coverage.
Unfortunately, our office fees are not covered by insurance companies as they are considered “elective.” Therefore, we do not bill your insurance company. Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flex Spending Accounts (FSA) can easily be used to cover fees not covered by insurance.
Clients who have large deductibles or no insurance can receive sizeable discounts on the blood work through our office. Dietary supplements are not covered by insurance companies, but can also be covered by your HSA or FSA.
Similar to a visit at a specialty physician’s office, the cost of your program at the Utah Wellness Institute depends on the complexity of your health issues. Consistent with this approach, our fee is a combination of the evaluation and management services by the practitioner, the laboratory evaluation, the medical decision-making and the time spent developing the individualized treatment program.
The initial consultation is $125. We provide treatment in eight potential areas of treatment; which areas apply to you will depend on your symptoms combined with the results of your lab work:
- Hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone
- Thyroid: TSH, free T3, T4, Thyroglobulin and Thyroid peroxidase antibodies, iodine and ferritin, including Hashimoto’s cases
- Dysglycemia: insulin, glucose, diabetes, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance
- Stress hormones: adrenals, DHEA, cortisol
- Dysbiosis: gastrointestinal functions, reflux, GERD, constipation
- Detoxification: pH, liver enzymes, cleansing
- Overweight concerns: hCG and diet modification
- Brain/cognitive disorders: depression, OCD, bipolar, mood disorders, anxiety
The first two of any categories are $750 each; all other categories thereafter are $200 each. The fee covers treatment and monitoring for one year.
Our one-year program includes interpretation of all blood tests, periodic review of medications, nutritional and dietary counseling, exercise education, and all follow-up consultations. Full payment is required at the beginning of the program. After the first year, an additional annual fee is not required; instead, you will be seen on a per-office visit basis as needed.
Your bioidentical hormones are produced at a compounding pharmacy. You will purchase those separately at the pharmacy. Nutritional supplements that are recommended are not included in the program fee.
The typical client that comes to the Utah Wellness Institute has already been to several doctors and specialists, has been given one or several medications for symptomatic relief, and has been told to “come back in a year and let’s see how you’re doing.” Very often, at least one of those medications is an antidepressant.
These clients who subsequently come to us are often frustrated and/or hopeless. They are fatigued, are often mentally “burned out,” have many hormonal deficiencies, are eating poorly, are often depressed, have a low libido, are not sleeping well, and are generally not enjoying life.
Our goal is to return them to an elevated quality of life. We know that if a client is motivated enough to follow through with our program, they will see changes over the course of the year that will create a new life for them and their families.